Our Top 10 things to do in the Swan Valley!
There is so much to see and do in the Swan Valley, so where to start?
Having a plan will help to get the most out of your trip.
I have chosen the very best things to do in the Swan Valley to help you plan that perfect afternoon, day or weekend.
Even if you are just looking for something to do on the weekend, have relatives visiting from overseas, or you need to stock up on some fantastic locally made wines and produce, there is so much to see, do and taste in the Swan Valley.
After years of in-depth research, eating, drinking and sampling in the Swan Valley, here are my Top 10 things to do…written by a local who knows!
1. If you are looking for a fab breakfast, you can’t beat Taylor’s Art & Coffee House! Rustic, country and fantastic.
You’ll meet all the locals dropping in here for a coffee, cake or casual lunch. It’s the heart of the Swan Valley.
0447 441 223
2.Indulge yourself. Book into Brookleigh Day Spa. They offer a range of treatments from facials and massages to all-day couples pamper sessions. They even have a pool you can hang out next to after your treatments.
If you’re feeling a bit more active, you can hire bikes from Brookleigh for an hour or the whole day- everything looks so different when you’re out of the car.
08 9296 0018
3. House of Honey – try their fantastic selection of honeys and all things honey. They have a live bee hive enclosed in glass inside the tasting rooms, so you can watch the bees doing their thing. Rupert the beekeeper is always out and about moving his hives, to ensure that the bees have lots of nectar, but everytime he moves the hive, he gets stung, often five times, no way I could do that! Their car park is always full, so they are doing something right.
08 9296 3635
4. Picnic lunch or breakfast at Walynga National Park; it is beautiful bordering the Avon River with gas fired barbeques and a grassed area to relax after a more or less strenuous walk in the National Park. A little closer to home is Bells Rapids. Great photo opportunities, good walking trails. Beautiful colours in the summer, and fast flowing rapids in the winter.
5.Caversham Wildlife Park– the best place to see more kangaroos together than you’ve ever dreamed of! They have loads of native Australian animals, some you can even pet and hold. There are sheep shearing displays, cows being milked, honestly its fun for children and adults of all ages! Hand feed the kangaroos and have your photo taken with Koalas, perfect for first-time visitors to Australia.
08 9248 1984
6. Oasis Supa Golf & Mini Golf- Choose from oversized or undersized golf! Supa Golf is a scream, who doesn’t want to play golf with a football size golf ball? Mini Golf always classic family fun. An absolute family favourite.
08 9296 5566
7. Mondo Nougat & Moreish Nuts – we’re all like kids in a lolly shop here, if it isn’t nuts, it’s the chocolate coated pretzels!
They also serve coffee and cake and more gift ideas than you ever thought possible!
08 9296 0111
8. Elmar’s Brewery in the valley, a perfect pit stop for the thirsty traveller. Enormous beer gardens out the back, a children’s play area and German Beer of course! The food is totally germanic, pork knuckle, saukrout and sausages. Stop in and get a tasting paddle of beers to sample the best they have to offer.
9. Lunch at Broads @ Upper Reach– Anthony & Annalis Broad are chef owners, creating modern Australian and Mediterranean platters to share, as well as ala carte. With Sweeping views over the vineyard down to the Swan River, it is the perfect place to sit with a glass of wine and while away an afternoon.
Bookings on the weekends are highly recommended.
08 9296 3883
10. Upper Reach Winery -Voted Gourmet Traveller’s Star Cellar Door for two years and Best Tasting Experience -Swan Valley 2016 & 2015.
And a Certificate of Excellence fromTripAdvisor
After an intimate wine tasting at the Cellar Door with people who know all about life in a winery. Take a walk through the vineyard along the trail by the Swan River. Relax on the lawn with a bottle of wine overlooking the vines or spend the night in the Deluxe Spa Cottage, your very own vineyard cottage for the night.
Upper Reach have been crafting highly awarded wines from our Swan Valley vineyard, since 1996. All grapes are grown in their Swan Valley Vineyard, handpicked, handcrafted and hand bottled in their state of the art winery.
This is wine with Soul
Don’t forget to take loads of pics and tell the world what a great place WA is on social media.
What is the point of having a fabulous day out in the Swan Valley if you can’t make your friends green with envy!?!
Looking forward to seeing you out here